Friday, October 22, 2010

An American Wookie In Europe.

Igor said that he wanted to take a walk tonight.
"Bring your camera and I'll bring my sniper rifle."
"We have some shooting to do."

When we had headed out into the darkness Igor told me that tonight was a perfect night to hunt some wookies.

I had no idea of how he knew that.

But he told me that I should just trust him on that.

Here's a picture of Igor scanning the terrain through his night vision sight.
We found no wookies, so I asked why he thought there'd be a fair chance to hunt some of those down tonight.

"Full moon" He said.

I still didn't get it.

"Haven't you seen any horror movies?"
He continued without waiting for an answer.
"There's lots of those hairy bastards around when the moon is full."

That's when it hit me.
He thought werewolves were wookies.

So since he can't tell fact from fiction, and I didn't want to disappoint him, I just lied and said that no wookies would be spotted today.
Because today's a big wookie holiday so they're all back on their home planet Kashyyyk.

He bought the lie and we could go home.
Which I found delighting, because my fingers were in need of a defrosting.

1 comment: